Ever look at the top of your awning and see quite a bit of dirt? No need to fret. Sunbrella & Dickson Shade fabrics, made with acrylic cloth, are primarily used at OmbraSole. OmbraSole awnings and other shade structures and furniture are made with acrylic, as it is one of the best fabrics to use for easy care and cleaning. You can now keep your awnings looking great with little effort. From light cleaning to removing tough stains, there’s an easy and quick solution that can be done at home. Acrylic cloth is the perfect outdoor fabric for your awnings and furniture!
Acrylic Awning Care & Cleaning
Sunbrella & Dickson fabrics are made to resist mold growth. However, it should not be folded and stored while wet. Animal droppings and dirt, that is capable of growing mold and can result in stains, must be removed periodically by the following recommended cleaning methods.
One of the best ways to keep Sunbrella Shade fabric in good condition and delay the need for deep or vigorous cleaning is to water the fabrics monthly with clear water. This practice will help prevent dirt from becoming deeply embedded in the fabric and eliminate the need for frequent vigorous cleanings. In most environments, a thorough cleaning will be needed only every two or three years. When it’s time for a thorough cleaning, Sunbrella Shade fabrics can be cleaned while still on an awning or, depending on the magnitude of the size, they can be removed for cleaning in a washing machine or a dock side.
When cleaning Sunbrella Shade fabrics, it is important to do the following:
- Always use a mild soap
- Water should be cold to lukewarm. Never more than 38 ° C / 100 ° F
- Rinse thoroughly to remove all soap residue
- Air dry only; never apply heat to Sunbrella fabrics
General or light cleaning:
To clean Sunbrella Shade fabric without removing it from the awning, follow these simple guidelines:
- Carefully remove the grime
- Prepare a cleaning solution of water and mild soap such as Ivory Snow, Dreft or Woolite (no detergents)
- Use a soft bristle brush to clean
- Soak the fabric in the cleaning solution
- Rinse thoroughly until all soap residue is removed
- Air dry. May not require retreatment depending on the age of the fabric
Keep your awning looking great for years to come with acrylic awning fabric!